The Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies (DEBES) at the Faculty of Science of the University of Zurich is pleased to support candidates for the anticipated 2023 SNSF Professorial Fellowships call. The SNSF Professorial Fellowships provide up to CHF 1.8 million in research funding, allowing grantees to lead an independent research project and team. It replaces the ERC Starting Grants and the SNSF Eccellenza Professorial and Prima Fellowships.
DEBES recognises the value of such grants to early-career researchers, and the important role that the department plays in providing support to successful SNSF-awarded candidates. DEBES therefore seeks to identify and sponsor pre-selected candidates to the SNSF Starting Grants. Applicants should have an outstanding track record, a wish to develop an independent research group within the Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, and research interests that will foster inter- and intradepartmental collaborations.
Applicants interested in being hosted by DEBES are required to:
- Confirm their eligibility to the SNSF Professorial Fellowships.
- If eligible, applicants should submit the following to our contact person:
- A one-page motivation letter summarising why choose DEBES as the hosting institution and how the research will contribute to the department’s ongoing research programme.
- A one-page summary of the proposed research.
- A two-page CV highlighting the most important contributions, including a paragraph-long narrative description of the applicant as a scientist and what they have brought forward.
- A one page enumerating the three top publications and briefly describing their relevance
Please submit your application, including all above-mentioned documents, in one PDF file by 20 September 2023 to Dr. Aynur Erdogan.
For further information please contact Dr. Aynur Erdogan.
The directorate will check applications and communicate whether an applicant is invited for an interview during a symposium organized on Monday, 23 October 2023.