The Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies (DEBES) at the Faculty of Science of the University of Zurich is pleased to support candidates for the anticipated 2023 SNSF Professorial Fellowships call. The SNSF Professorial Fellowships provide up to CHF 1.8 million in research funding, allowing grantees to lead an independent research project and team. It replaces the ERC Starting Grants and the SNSF Eccellenza Professorial and Prima Fellowships.
DEBES recognises the value of such grants to early-career researchers, and the important role that the department plays in providing support to successful SNSF-awarded candidates. DEBES therefore seeks to identify and sponsor pre-selected candidates to the SNSF Starting Grants. Applicants should have an outstanding track record, a wish to develop an independent research group within the Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, and research interests that will foster inter- and intradepartmental collaborations.
Applicants interested in being hosted by DEBES are required to:
- Confirm their eligibility to the SNSF Professorial Fellowships.
- If eligible, applicants should submit the following:
- A one-page motivation letter summarising why choose DEBES as the hosting institution and how the research will contribute to the department’s ongoing research programme.
- A one-page summary of the proposed research.
- A two-page CV highlighting the most important contributions, including a paragraph-long narrative description of the applicant as a scientist and what they have brought forward.
- A one page enumerating the three top publications and briefly describing their relevance
Interested applicants are asked to submit the above as a single PDF by 14 October 2022 to Susanne Bischof (email@example.com). Suitable applicants will be invited to present to the department at a symposium to be held on 28 October 2022. Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Marta Manser (firstname.lastname@example.org).