Animal behaviour; social evolution; social behaviour; social selection; energetics and immunology of lactation; kin recognition; conservation biology; animal welfare of lab and zoo animals
Education and Professional Positions
|Since 2020||Professor Emerita|
|2015 - 2019||Secretary General, International Council of Ethology (ICE)|
|2012 - 2016||Managing Director, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|2012 - 2020||Full Professor in Zoology, Animal Behaviour, University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|2003 - 2004||President of the German Zoological Society (DZG e.V.)|
|1996 - 2012||Associate Professor in Zoology, Animal Behavior, University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|1996||Visiting Scientist at the Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore, India|
|1996||Heisenberg Fellow of the German Science Foundation, Germany|
|1995 - 1996||Oberassistentin in Zoology, University of Würzburg, Germany|
|1995||Habilitation in Zoology at the University of Würzburg, Germany|
|1989 - 1995||Research assistant at the University of Würzburg, Germany (K.E. Linsenmair)|
|1988 - 1989||Free-lance translator of scientific textbooks|
|1985 - 1988||Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the University of Basel, Switzerland (S.C. Stearns)|
|1981 - 1985||Ph.D. Thesis (summa cum laude), University of Konstanz, Germany (Supervisor: H. Markl)|
|1980 - 1981||Graduate research student at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (J.M. Cullen)|
|1974 - 1979||Study of biology (Diploma), University Konstanz, Germany|
- Evans, JC; Lindholm, AK & König, B (2021) Long-term overlap of social and genetic structure in free-ranging house mice reveals dynamic seasonal and group size effects. Current Zoology 67(1): 59-69. Published online: 18 June 2020. doi: 10.1093/cz/zoaa030. Cover photo.
- Lopes, PC; Carlitz, EHD; Kindel, M & König, B (2020) Immune-endocrine links to gregariousness in wild house mice. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience 14: 10. Published online: 5 February 2020. doi: 10.3389/fnbeh.2020.00010.
- Ferrari, M; Lindholm, AK & König, B (2019) Fitness consequences of female alternative reproductive tactics in house mice (Mus musculus domesticus). American Naturalist 193(1): 106-124. Published online: 15 November 2018. doi.org/10.1086/700567.
- Ferrari, M; Lindholm, AK & König, B (2016). A reduced propensity to cooperate under enhanced exploitation risk in a social mammal. Proceedings of the Royal Society London B 283: 20160068. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2016.0068.
- König, B; Lindholm, AK; Lopes, PC; Dobay, A; Steinert, S & Buschmann, J-UF (2015) A system for automatic recording of social behavior in a free-living wild house mouse population. Animal Biotelemetry 3: 39. doi: 10.1186/s40317-015-0069-0.