Evolutionary quantitative genetics, evolution of pleiotropy, evolution of dispersal, evolution in structured populations, effects of inbreeding, computational evolutionary genetics, evolutionary ecology, eco-evolutionary dynamics and the maintenance of biodiversity.
Education and Professional Positions
|2014 - present||SNSF Assistant Professor, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, University of Zurich, Switzerland|
|2009 - 2013||Ambizione Fellow, Junior Group Leader, Theoretical Biology group, ETH Zurich, Switzerland|
|2005 - 2009||SNSF Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada|
|2005||Research Assistant, Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2001 - 2005||Graduate studies (Ph.D.), Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2000 - 2001||M.Sc. in Biology, Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne, Switzerland|
|1996 - 2000||Undergraduate studies in Biology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland|
|1993 - 1996||Undergraduate studies in Environmental Engineering, ETH Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland|
- Cotto O, Schmid M, and F Guillaume. 2020. Nemo-age: spatially explicit simulations of eco-evolutionary dynamics in stage-structured populations under changing environments. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. Accepted – June, 24.
- Koch EL, and F Guillaume. 2020. Additive and mostly adaptive plastic responses of gene expression to multiple stress in Tribolium castaneum. PLoS genetics 16 (5), e1008768. DOI : 10.1371/journal.pgen.1008768
- Grossen C, Guillaume F, Keller LF and D Croll. 2020. Purging of highly deleterious mutations through severe bottlenecks in Alpine ibex. Nature Communications 11:1-12. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-14803-1
- Waldvogel AM, Feldmeyer B, Rolshausen G, Exposito‐Alonso M, Rellstab C, Kofler R, Mock T, Schmid K, Schmitt I, Bataillon T, Savolainen O, Bergland A, Flatt T, Guillaume F, and M Pfenninger. 2020. Evolutionary genomics can improve prediction of species’ responses to climate change. Evolution Letters 4:4-18. DOI: 10.1002/evl3.154
- Schmid M, Dallo R, and F Guillaume. 2019. Species' range dynamics affect the evolution of spatial variation in plasticity under environmental change. The American Naturalist 193:00-00. DOI : 10.1086/703171
- Csilléry K, Rodríguez-Verdugo A, Rellstab C, and F Guillaume. 2018. Detecting the Genomic Signal of Polygenic Adaptation and the Role of Epistasis in Evolution. Molecular Ecology 27:606--612. DOI: 10.1111/mec.14499
- Chebib J, and F Guillaume. 2017. What affects the predictability of evolutionary constraints using a G-matrix? The relative effects of modular pleiotropy and mutational correlation. Evolution 71(10):2298-2312. DOI: 10.1111/evo.13320
- Cotto O, Wessely J, Georges D, Klonner G, Schmid M, Dullinger S, Thuiller W, Guillaume F. 2017. A dynamic eco-evolutionary model predicts slow response of alpine plants to climate warming. Nature Communications 8:15399. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms15399
- Gienapp P, Fior S., Guillaume F., Lasky JR, Sork VL., Csilléry K. 2017. Genomic Quantitative Genetics to Study Evolution in the Wild. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 32(12):897-908. DOI: 10.1016/j.tree.2017.09.004
Nemo: forward-time, individual-based, genetically and spatially explicit, stochastic simulation programme for population and quantitative genetics.
Nemo-age: spatially explicit simulations of eco-evolutionary dynamics in stage-structured populations under changing environments (age/stage structured version of Nemo).