Swiss authorities require certain items to be stored in vehicles in case of an emergency.
For example, one such item is the emergency road triangle. If it is not in the cabin of the vehicle, you will be ticketed. Thus, keep track of all items, do not remove anything and, if needed, store as previously found.
The Autobahn-Vignette and the mandatory country sticker (CH) are already in place.
For everyones safety, please follow these guidelines:
- Check tire pressure and fuel gage regularly,
- use model specific fluids only according to vehicle's manual (if possible, check with our mechanic before you leave),
- troubles with the vehicle, tell us,
- (new) scratch or dent - write us an email & send photos,
- clean the vehicle (interior / exterior) before returning keys.
Failure to clean vehicle
If you do not clean the vehicle, we will have to outsource it and charge you the full amount.
There is a convenient car wash just behind Bahnhof Oerlikon and another one near Letzigrund stadium.
Currently, all vehicles listed are parked at the Irchel public parking garage on level C (parking spaces 154-166).
|Model||Fuel Type||Licence Plate||Transmission||Seating||Color|
|Mercedes Vito||leaded (Diesel)||ZH 458 580||automatic||9 / 3||red|
|Subaru Forester||unleaded||ZH 297 562||manual||5 / 2||grey|
|Subaru Justy - 4WD||unleaded||ZH 444 043||manual||5 / 2||grey|
|Toyota HiAce||unleaded||ZH 623 075||manual||5 / 2||white|
|VW Amarok - 4WD||unleaded||ZH 368 477||manual||5 / 2||white|
|VW Caddy||unleaded||ZH 698 498||manual||5 / 2||white|
|VW T5||leaded (Diesel)||ZH 791 935||automatic||9 / 2||white|
Each vehicle has an individual AVIA fuel card assigned. You can purchase gasoline, windshield fluids, etc. at reduced costs at all AVIA gas stations throughout Switzerland.
- at four (4) AVIA gas stations in the greater Zurich area, the University is granted even lower fuel prices
- refill the vehicle if the fuel gauge shows less than ⅔ of a tank filling,
The AVIA fuel card is valid in Switzerland only and does not permit purchases like soda, candibars or other snacks.
These cards require a password and PIN code, make sure you inquire at email@example.com what they are so you can use it.