Procedure for ITIM account extension
- An extension can be requested for up to six (6) months at a time (renewed request for extension possible for additional six (6) months.
- Since ITIM (email, VPN, etc.) are services of Zentrale Informatik UZH (not of the IEU department) a professor’s authorisation is required to use these services for non-UZH members. The status of a person within the department or the research group bares no relevance to the usage of the ITIM services.
The following rules apply:
- Initial extension without a profs approval: the IEU-IT back office accepts the responsibility of the legal usage for the ITIM services. A mandatory personal UZH email address (as sender) is required (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- Each additional extension must be applied for and approved by an IEU professor. With the approval (either email from prof or forwarded email answer to request) the prof accepts the responsibility in full.
- The user has the obligation to deliver. This means, the user must act in a timely matter to extend the service for an additional six (6) months.